Pages

Thursday 26 December 2019

summer learning journey: day 1 task 2

Hi, bloggers so today I had to do a summer learning journey task and it was a task 2 from explorer. so the task was to write about our cultural background and where does your family come from? Do they come from Europe like Abel Tasman, Polynesia like Kupe, or somewhere else?. Hope you enjoy reading about my background and my culture. 




                                       MY CULTURE BACKGROUND 

I am full Tongan. I come from a Polynesian background so life in the islands is not very easy. My mum and dad moved from Tonga to Newzealand separate so my mum moved here in 2000 and my dad moved here in 1978 so that they could have a better life for them and for their kids. I never experienced the struggles in the islands like those kids did. 

Image result for tonga flag

  



1 comment:

  1. Malo e lelei Sofaia,

    I really enjoyed reading your blog post today! Thank you for sharing about your culture and where your family comes from. I like that you shared about how your parents made the move to New Zealand from Tonga for a better life for them and their children.

    I am also part Tongan, however both of my parents were born in New Zealand. Have you and your family ever travelled back to Tonga? My favourite thing about Tongan culture is the traditional wear and the traditional tongan dances. What is your favourite thing about your Tongan culture.


    I look forward to reading more of your blog posts this summer,

    Kueni :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.